Thursday, October 8, 2009

Rainy Day


It's a cold rainy day here today. I think the high is only 57 degrees, and with the wind and wet, it will feel a lot colder than that! It's fun to have days like this sometimes and just hang out in the house with sweats on, but my problem is all I want to do is BAKE! I had to come up stairs and out of the kitchen to avoid making oatmeal bread, fresh homemade baguettes, pumpkin cookies, these really cute carmel popcorn balls (that look like carmel apples!), and anything else sugary and sweet! Does anyone have a good recipe for something to bake on cold rainy days? Pumpkin cookies really aren't that bad, if you can stand to only eat 1 or 2. But my biggest problem is portion control. Maybe I'll make them before dinner, then just put them away as soon as they're done, instead of leaving them on the counter for me to munch on. Out of sight, out of mind, right? For those you you who don't have this recipe, it's the easiest recipe ever, so I'll share it with you all!

PUMPKIN COOKIES:
1 spice cake mix
1 can of pumpkin (16 oz size I think)
chocolate chips

Mix together, make at 350 for about 17-20 minutes. I think the recipe usually makes about 36 cookies, and that puts them at about 2 points a piece (if you're doing weight watchers!)

Good luck everyone, and please share any baking goodies you might have that are healthy!!

2 comments:

HoffmanFamily2 said...

I LOVE fall, but there is one downer to it...it makes me want to bake to! I love rainy/cloudy/chilly days where you want to stay in your pj's and have a relaxing day and bake!! I don't really know any "healthy" recipes, but I'll look!!

HoffmanFamily2 said...

OH, one thing I do to help so I don't eat them all, when they are cooled I put them in the freezer. First of all, I don't like frozen cookies so when I take one out it gives me time to think if I really want one while it thaws and second they aren't sitting on the counter!