Sunday, September 27, 2009

Thank you, thank you, thank you...

Just kidding. I'm excited to see how everyone else did. Morgan, I don't have your e-mail address to invite you to be an author on this blog. If you'll e-mail it to me (or leave it in the comments) I'll get that out to you so you can post on here too. My e-mail is sarahharward@hotmail.com. And anyone else who is wanting to join in and needing to be added as an author, let me know.

Anyway, I am re-committed to writing everything down this weekend. It worked well for me this past week, but yesterday I haven't done quite as well. But I'm letting you all know now, so I'm responsible to someone. So, good luck everyone! Do great!!!

Oh yeah, and I made Mexican Beef Skillet this week, and it's only 4 points for one sixth of the whole thing. (I do realize that not everyone is doing weight watchers, and so you might get sick of hearing about points, but since that's what I'm doing, that's all I know! But just so you know, 1 point is about 50 calories)

Okay, so here's the recipe:

MEXICAN BEEF SKILLET:

1 pound ground turkey
1 green pepper
1 onion

Brown the turkey with the pepper and onion. Drain.

ADD:
1 can of diced tomatoes (I just used 2 fresh tomatoes)
3/4 cup dried minute rice
3/4 cup water
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp salt

Cover and simmer about 13 minutes (if I remember right) pretty much just until the rice is done.

Then I ate it with about a cup or so of shredded lettuce and a tablespoon of sour cream. Adding lots of lettuce makes it seem like you're eating a TON of stuff. And it was good. I think I'll make some tomorrow to have in the fridge to eat all week for lunch. Good luck everyone!

No comments: